Concrete Overlay: Basement Flooring
The concrete coatings for your basement used by Les Surfaces Polyplay
When it comes to renovating or finishing your basement, the choice of floor covering is essential. The three popular options that stand out are Epoxy, Quartz Carpet and Polyurea. Each of these coverings offers its own unique advantages and features, which can make the choice difficult. Let’s take a closer look at these three options to help you make an informed decision.
Epoxy, Quartz Carpet and Polyurea: Three flooring options for an exceptional basement.
Why choose Surfaces PolyPlay concrete coatings?
Surfaces PolyPlay’s concrete coatings are the ideal choice for those looking for an exceptional flooring solution. With a solid reputation in the industry, Surfaces PolyPlay stands out for its commitment to quality, durability and aesthetics.
If you’re looking to transform your spaces into environments that are both functional and aesthetically appealing, Surfaces PolyPlay is the obvious choice. Trust our experience to create exceptional floors that exceed your expectations
Epoxy with vinyl flakes
Basement epoxy is a durable, hard-wearing floor coating generally made up of two components: a resin and a hardener. When mixed, they react chemically to form a solid, smooth surface. Here are some key features of epoxy for basement floors:
- Durability: Epoxy creates an extremely solid surface that can withstand damage from traffic, chemicals and moisture, making it an ideal choice for basements.
- Water resistance: It forms an impermeable barrier that protects the soil from water infiltration, which is essential in basements prone to damp.
- Easy care: Epoxy floors are easy to clean and maintain, as they are generally smooth and non-porous, making them resistant to stains.
- Aesthetics: Epoxy is available in a variety of colors and finishes, allowing you to customize the look of your basement.
- Scratch resistance: It resists scratches and wear, making it a durable choice for high-traffic areas.
In short, epoxy basement flooring is tough, water-resistant, easy to maintain and aesthetically customizable, making it a popular choice for enhancing the appearance and functionality of basements.
Quartz Carpet interior
Quartz Carpet for basement floors is a floor covering made by mixing quartz granules with epoxy resin. This mixture is then applied to the floor in a uniform 6mm layer to create a seamless natural stone surface. Quartz Carpet is renowned for its impact resistance, aesthetic appeal and ease of maintenance. It is often used to improve the appearance of basements, protect them from damp and make them more functional.
Aesthetics: Quartz Carpet is composed of small quartz granules bonded by a transparent resin. It offers a natural texture and high-end appearance that enhances the look of any basement floor.
Resistance and durability: This floor covering is incredibly durable, resisting scratches, stains and daily wear and tear. It will look as good as new for many years.
Comfortable and slip-resistant: Unlike epoxy, Quartz Carpet offers a slightly soft, non-slip surface, making it comfortable underfoot and safe, even when wet.
Correcting imperfections: Quartz Carpet can be used to correct existing floor imperfections, such as unevenness, providing a pleasant, even surface.
Polyurea with vinyl flakes
Polyurea is an advanced, high-performance floor covering that is becoming increasingly popular for finishing basement floors. It is formulated from polyurethane compounds and isocyanates, creating a strong, flexible and waterproof material. Polyurea is applied in liquid form, then cures rapidly to form a durable, resistant and aesthetically pleasing surface.
- Extreme durability: Polyurea is exceptionally resistant to wear, scratches, stains and moisture. It is designed to withstand the most rigorous conditions, making it an ideal choice for basement floors.
- Fast curing: One of Polyurea‘s key features is its ability to cure in just a few hours, reducing downtime. This means you can quickly reuse your basement space after application.
- Superior adhesion: Polyurea adheres firmly to existing concrete, creating a solid, watertight surface. It forms an impermeable barrier that protects the underlying concrete from moisture, corrosion and wear.
- Customizable: Available in a variety of finishes and colors, Polyurea can be adapted to suit your style and basement decor.
- Versatility: In addition to basements, Polyurea is also used in a range of industrial and commercial applications thanks to its exceptional strength and durability.
Refresh and protect your interior with PolyPlay Surfaces
Your local Surfaces PolyPlay team is trained to offer you the right product in the right place. PolyPlay will guide you through your project to determine the right product to cover your concrete.
All our teams are fully trained to offer a turnkey project to each and every one of our customers. As soon as you request a quote, we’ll take care of you so that every question you ask is answered accurately.